ACTION: Reach out to a local candidate and volunteer to help with their campaign. Local politics make a big impact and they rely heavily on grassroots efforts.
NOTE: CARROLL CAN DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY CANDIDATES. CARROLL CAN IS A NON-PARTISAN GROUP.
The information contained herein is being provided per the request of the candidates and it is being presented in the order in which we (Carroll CAN) were contacted and asked to share the information.
FROM NATALIE ZIEGLER (MD HOUSE OF DELEGATES DISTRICT 9):
My website www.Nataliefor9A.com has a place to sign up to volunteer, or you can email me at Natalie@nataliefor9A.com or email our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com. We need door knockers and people willing to put up a yard sign and people who will work the polls for early voting and Election Day, wear s t-shirt, put s magnet on your car, have a house party, talk to your neighbors. There are so many ways to get involved and some take almost no time!
FROM YSELA BRAVO-SCHWETJE (MD HOUSE OF DELEGATES DISTRICT 4):
I really need a volunteer coordinator - and more volunteers. My district covers mostly Frederick , but includes Mount Airy and Franklin area. I need signs up, car magnets on, folks to wear my shirts and ways to meet voters. I need volunteers willing to canvass. Don’t want to knock on doors? I need folks to just drop lit - no knocking involved. Signs need to be made, volunteers need to be fed, plans need to be hatched - I can use any and all talents. And finally - donations of any amount much appreciated. Ysela Bravo for House of Delegates is my Facebook page or visit me at bravo4md4.com
FROM EMILY SHANK (MD HOUSE OF DELEGATES DISTRICT 5):
My campaign would be grateful for support. Like most candidates, active roles include door knocking & working polls on Election Day. We also anticipate needing volunteers to drive voters to & from the polls. If that’s too much- displaying car magnets or yard signs is also very helpful. Please reach out to Zach Hands or visit my website at www.emilyshankfordelegate.com
FROM MARIA WARBURTON (CARROLL COUNTY COMMISSIONER DISTRICT 3):
1. Photographer. I’m looking to get a better head shot of myself for the website and other uses.
2. Submit Letters to the Editor. Carroll County Times only allows someone, including candidates, to submit a letter once a month. Letters can just be a testimonial or have specific talking points.
3. Social Media. Like my Facebook page (Maria Warburton for Carroll), follow Instagram (mariaforcountycommissioner2018) and Twitter (@Maria4Carroll).
4. Donations. No amount is too small. Donate thru my website mariawarburton.com by cc or mail a check. Funds will be for brochures, postcards, canvassing, perhaps billboard and ads.
5. Spread the word. Meet & greet at your home, canvass door-to-door, talk to people you know, post card writing/mailing.
6. Communications. Looking for a second volunteer to help with a few mass emailings. Meeting this Friday at 8 pm with someone if anyone is able to come along.
7. Publicity. Yard sign, car magnets/bumper stickers (I have a few – will order more if interest).
8. Election Day. Volunteer on Nov 6 and during early voting. Both for GOTV activities and at the poll being a presence.