ACTION: Protect our health care by blocking the GOP TrumpCare bill in the Senate
The time to stop Trumpcare is now! A vote in the Senate is expected next week, to push through the TrumpCare bill (American Health Care Act, or AHCA) before the July 4th recess. AHCA would strip coverage from at least 23 million people and cut Medicaid by $800 billion, in order to give huge tax breaks to the ultra-rich and corporations. It would also undermine critical protections for people with pre-existing conditions and raise premiums for American families.
Thanks to your calls, Senate Dems have ramped up pressure on the GOP by slowing Senate proceedings and calling out the secrecy surrounding TrumpCare, which has been crafted in closed meetings without public hearings. Let's continue pressing GOP senators to vote NO on AHCA
1. Enlist friends & family in MD & elsewhere to contact their Senators. Focus especially on the key states listed in Indivisible's TrumpCare Ten plan (in Resources below).
You can find daily call scripts from Indivisible:
2. Call GOP members of the Senate Health, Education, Labor & Pensions committee to condemn the secrecy of the bill-writing process and their failure to hold a single hearing on the bill.
3. From Together We Will - Maryland: A staffer in Van Hollen's DC office has suggested calls to 11 GOP senators the Dems feel are swing votes on the AHCA.
Murkowski (AK) - (202)-224-6665
Sullivan (AK) - (202)-224-3004
Flake (AZ) - 202-224-4521
Gardner (CO) - (202) 224-5941
Ernst (IA) - (202) 224-3254
Grassley (IA) - (202) 224-3744
Heller (NV) - 202-224-6244
Portman (OH) - 202-224-3353
Alexander (TN) - (202) 224-4944
Corker (TN) - 202-224-3344
Capito (WV) - 202-224-6472
4. Call on Governor Hogan to join the bipartisan group of governors who have spoken out against the AHCA's Medicaid cuts.
5. Share MoveOn's graphics & videos telling the stories of Americans who would lose care under #TrumpCare. Be sure to tag GOP senators: @SenDeanHeller, @SenatorCollins, @lisamurkowski, @SenCapito, @SenToomey
@MoveOn on Twitter
Retweet the #ProtectOurCare tweets.
RESOURCES FROM INDIVISIBLE GUIDE
Stop TrumpCare in June: Action Plan