YES, THIS IS A REPEAT CTA.....BUT IT IS EVER SO IMPORTANT!
The Republican’s bill will take health care away from 24 million people in order to fund an enormous tax break for the rich. The bill that they passed yesterday is cruel. It would end Medicaid as we know it and put millions of people with pre-existing conditions in life-threatening danger.
Are you outraged?
Are you mad that hundreds of representatives supported health care legislation that would force more people to choose between life-saving medical care and crushing debt or bankruptcy?
Tell Andy Harris! Tell him even if you are not his constituent. Tell him it's time Republicans pay for this act of cruelty. Show him that if he won't listen to us, then we won’t stop until we throw him out of office. It's that simple.
At the same time, and this is very important, we will be demonstrating to GOP Senators the effects of not listening to the American people.
Call, write or fax. You don't have to be in his district to tell him how you feel!
1. Flood Andy Harris’ offices with calls.
D.C. Office: 202-225-5311
If you can't get through, keep trying, or call the district office numbers:
Bel Air Office: 410-588-5670
Kent Island Office: 410-643-5425
Salisbury Office: 443-944-8624
“I am calling/writing to let Congressman Harris know that I am outraged about his decision to support the ACHA, because it will take away life-saving health care from millions, cut Medicaid and give big tax breaks to the wealthy.”
Add your personal story about how this affects you or a family member. The following resource provides excellent script templates to help you tell your story. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68N9NTmbGcVZjFzZHFtSy0yTlU/view
2. Constituent or not, bombard Harris with your outrage by faxing him. FaxZero lets you send free faxes to your congressional representatives with no subscription or sign-up.
3. And…Repeat. Set up a weekly calendar reminder to contact Harris on an ongoing basis to remind him of his cruel decision to vote for the ACHA.
4. Alert your Rapid Response team, if you have one, or personally ask friends and family to call or write to their Republican reps who voted for the ACHA.
5. Talk with others about how everyone -- even those who are healthy today -- benefits from protections for pre-existing conditions. Good health today is no guarantee for the future. A heart attack, cancer diagnosis, or birth of a child with a congenital disease can change a family's fortunes abruptly.
6. Consider attending the AHCA protest in DC on Thursday 5/18/17 while the House is in session! Please also share this event to let others know it is happening!