Truth and Racial Justice Initiative
This #rally2endracism is the launch of the Truth and Racial Justice Initiative, a comprehensive, multi-year program to address racism in our nation.
Marking 50 years since the assassination of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on April 4, 1968, the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA and their partners commit to do their part to eradicate the entrenched racism that grips the United States and paralyzes our ability to see every human being as equal.
They challenge themselves and our communities to join in truth-telling, leading to actions that right the wrongs, and, with God’s grace, bring healing and wholeness to all people, and unity to the nation.
- AWAKEN ourselves to the truth that racism is ever-present, deeply rooted in American culture, and profoundly damaging to our communities.
- CONFRONT racism, speak truth to ourselves, our communities and institutions, and stand against injustice.
- TRANSFORM the hearts, minds, and behaviors of people and structures that shape society.
Schedule At-A-Glance for April 3-5, 2018
Tuesday, April 3: Prayer
- 6:00 p.m.: Orthodox Christian Bridegroom Service of Holy Tuesday
- 8:00 p.m.: Then and Now: An Ecumenical Gathering to End Racism
- Location: Saint Sophia Greek Orthodox Cathedral,
2815 36th St., NW, Washington, D.C., 20007
Wednesday, April 4: ACT to End Racism Rally on the National Mall
- 7-8 a.m.: Silent Prayer Walk to the National Mall
- 8-9 a.m.: Interfaith Service
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m.: Rally and Call to Commitment
Thursday, April 5: National Day of Advocacy & Action
NOTE: Carroll CAN is not afflilated with any religious groups. This event is being shared, as it is welcoming to all beliefs and non-believers and the discussions relate to our mission.
CARROLL CAN MISSION STATEMENT
Carroll Can is committed to action in our community and nation that honors diversity, promotes equality and is inclusive, ethical and just.